I finished college in December but I postponed graduating so that I could maintain BYU insurance on the cheap. We weren't planning on having babies for awhile so it was quite the shock to us when we found out about little William. After lots of praying we decided that it was in our best interest to postpone graduating from BYU until June. If we hadn't have done so I would have had to pay $600 a month starting January then over $1000 once William was born. I had already applied for graduation so I had to go back to BYU and explain my circumstances. Luckily this happens often enough and they let me push back graduating even though I was completely done with classes and wasn't planning on taking any more classes at BYU.
I got an email the other day saying that BYU has ordered my diploma. I also just paid for my UT teaching license and am ordering copies of my transcripts. It is official that I am certified to teach K-8th grade in Utah!! I am extremely excited that I am done with college until I decide I want to go back!! I don't know that I ever will go back to college but I might want to get my Masters at some point in my life. Now I just have to get fingerprinted and receive my official transcripts so that I can apply for NV licensure.
I am really hoping that I can get a teaching job in NV so that Kaden can go back to school. He has a couple classes left for his Associates degree and is working on establishing his handicap in golf. There is a golf management (I don't really know the official term of the degree he wants so you would have to ask him) program at UNLV that is accredited by the PGA. Kaden is extremely excited about this program! We are hoping to get him back in school by next fall. If I can't find a teaching job I am not sure what we will do financially but I know that the Lord will help us through it.
Right now we are just trying to finish paying for the birth of William and hopefully save some money for school. We have lived with my mom for a year next month and we are hoping she'll let us live with her until we move back to Vegas. It sucks that we are both working full time and opposite schedules but it'll be worth it in the end! We could be worse off and are so blessed to have such great families that are willing to help us out any way that they can.
Sarah and Joel visit
8 years ago

Congrats on the graduation that is a wonderful accomplishment! Good luck with Kayden's schooling and getting a job. In ten years this will seem like a blink in your life!
ReplyDelete