Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Our Mini Vaca...

We left on Thursday morning to head to Overton. We didn’t have anything planned for Thursday so it was so nice to be able to take our time and stop whenever we needed. We stopped in St. George to see my Grandma. I should have brought my camera into her house to take pictures of her and William but alas I forgot until we got back into the car. William was a crazy baby rolling, crawling, and talking the whole time we were at my Grandma’s house. She was impressed with all the tricks he did for her and how active he was. He really had so much energy from being in the carseat and not being able to move. I really love my Grandma and I am so glad we were able to stop and that William was a happy boy so that we could enjoy our visit! All I can say is that I never leave her house without a huge smile on my face because she is such a funny woman!!

On Friday we had family pictures which I’ll post as soon as we get them. We’ll be luck if William is smiling in any of them but hey at least there were no frowny faces or tears. We hung out most of the day and later we went to a Seafood Buffet in Mesquite. We really had such a great day with family, although we wished we could have spent more time with Kaden’s brother Kyle, his wife Katie, and baby Zoe. We aren’t sure if we’ll see them at all in the coming months but hopefully we can get together again sooner than April.

On Saturday we went to the Moapa Valley High School Football game. This game was the one that would determine whether or not they would play in the State game. They won so they are in fact going to State. We really only know two boys on the football team because they are close family friends but my little brother marched in the band, my other little brother’s girlfriend danced at half time, and Kaden’s dad is one of the chain guys. There will be a scrapbook page of the game later because it was William’s first football game ever! He has watched plenty on TV with his daddy but none in real life. It was rather warm most of the game, which was so refreshing since it is SUPER cold in Utah, so we stayed the entire time. Later that day we went to visit my Dad. He normally works on Saturday nights but he had an important church meeting to attend so he took it off which was nice because we were able to spend a little more quality time with him. We had a great Saturday.

The drive home on Sunday wasn’t as good as the drive down to Overton, however, we were able to stop and visit one of my dear friends that I’ve known since middle school. She lives in Cedar City and really William needed to get out of the car so it really was a great idea to stop. It was so good to see her again too! Kaden and I haven’t seen Dawn or Tyson for over a yr since they got married. It really makes me feel like such a bad friend but generally Kaden and I are in such a hurry when we travel that we just want to get to our destination.

Even though we had such a great weekend I am so happy to be home again and to sleep in my very own bed. When I sleep in other beds not only do I not sleep well but it somehow messes up my back or something which causes massive headaches. I’ve been battling them all week!! William has been a little irritable lately too. Yesterday Kaden said William wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with him. Which leads me to what happened this morning when I got home from work. William woke up around midnight and started screaming. It took me forever to calm him down and I really could not figure out what was wrong. I finally put him in his crib, got ready for bed, fell asleep for maybe 15 minutes, and woke up to him screaming again. He had a little congestion so I took him upstairs to get medicine and that’s when things turned for the worse. He basically woke up everyone with his screaming and finally after I calmed him down he played until 2 a.m. He didn’t like me putting him in bed and so Kaden got up with him. I am not sure how long Kaden was up but around 5 a.m. it started all over again. I was completely and utterly exhausted because William had woken up relatively early on Tuesday morning. I got up with him for a little bit and then we tag teamed it and Kaden stayed up until William went to sleep. It really was an awful night especially because I felt so helpless. I honestly did not know what was wrong or how to make William feel better. Kaden figured out that William had a really bad tummy ache (poor kid!). William woke me up around 10 a.m. this morning and I’m really not sure if he was up long before that but at least I got a little more rest then I though I would since William generally doesn’t sleep past 8 a.m. anymore.

I was just thinking today that I really truly have the most amazing and selfless husband ever. Kaden sacrificed his sleep last night (and many other nights and mornings before that) so that I could get some sleep. I was talking to him this morning and he said that he was really tired. I told him that I should have gotten up and let him sleep since he had to wake up early and then he said, “No, you need the sleep more than I do. Even though I am tired, it is worth getting up so you can sleep.” Gosh I feel so lucky. I hear about some dads that refuse to even change diapers and I am so grateful Kaden isn’t like that. He does what he needs to do because William is his son too. I can’t even begin to describe how much I love and appreciate him!

No comments:

Post a Comment