Sunday, May 22, 2011

Babies

This week must have been a great week to give birth. First my very good friend Kathryn gave birth on Monday to a baby girl, Ivy. Then Tuesday my sister gave birth to a 9lb 11oz Dallin. Poor Dallin was in the NICU most of the week for uncontrollable glucose levels. I'm happy to say he is finally home with his mommy, daddy, sisters, and brother!

For us this week hasn't been that eventful. Unfortunately that is due to the weather being so dreary all week long. We were planning on attending the Temple this week but we decided to push that back to next Friday instead. Although we didn't go together this week I was able to go with a friend and it was such a good experience just to go for myself and it helped me realize that although sometimes we might not have a ton of opportunities to go with our spouses, we can still go to do work for another.

Before I finish this post with pictures, I have to share one of the cute things William did today. There really are many but this was by far my favorite. For Sunday school I sit on the chair closest to the back and nearest to the door. Of course I'm also the very first person into the room on Sundays so the door pretty much stays open for at least 10 minutes after I sit down. Keeping a 13 month old on my lap for 10 minutes is near impossible unless of course he is asleep which I assure you is a rare occurrence at church. Now that I've set up the scene for you, I'll get on with it. I let William down to walk and at first he is walking around the room, flirting with the ladies, getting into people's scriptures then the next thing I know, he is waving bye bye and heading out the door to wander the hall way. When did he learn how to tell me goodbye without me prompting him by saying bye bye? Maybe this isn't as great to you as it is to me but the sight of him waving as he exits is hilarious. I promise I'm not the only one that had a chuckle at the sight. No lie this happened more then a couple of times during the two hour block. I'm very much impressed by my little boo boo.



2 comments:

  1. I love Williams Stage they seem to learn something new every week! Look forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO cute! I'm usually pretty excited when my kids go into the nursery because I can actually listen to a lesson during church. 5 more months haha!

    ReplyDelete