Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tummy Aches

Sleep has been postponed lately because my little guy has some tummy aches. I've tried to be careful about what I've been eating but William still has such bad gas that I feel like a horrible mother. I sure hope that he starts to feel better soon because I haven't taken a shower in two days!! Gross! I mean I can't exactly hold him while I am showering, can I? It is just not worth it.

I can't say that I'm not getting enough sleep, because I am, but I still get really frustrated at night sometimes because William is frustrated and he won't sleep or calm down even though his diaper is changed, he is fed, burped, and he is warm. The other night I was so tired and I was just emotional so my loving hubby took William into the other room and rocked him to sleep. Man I don't know what I would do without him! He works all day and yet he is the one that'll get up in the middle of the night to change William or to rock him back to sleep. I am so lucky!

For Mothers Day Kaden got me The Remarkable Soul of a Woman by Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

I started reading it yesterday (it is a short book because it was a talk he gave a couple of years ago) and it was amazing how it was exactly what I needed. It is like he knows exactly what I am thinking and feeling lately as far as how inadequate and frustrated I have felt. Kaden tells me all the time that I need to stop dwelling on the negative and this book really reinforced what he tells me. It gave me that spirtual uplift that I so desperately needed.

So here are some pictures from the last week:
William is 1 week old


William likes to peak to make sure you are still holding him. This time he gave somewhat of a smile.


William went to Great Grandma Huntsman's house so that mommy could FINALLY get out of the house. He wasn't happy to be in the car seat. This is his second time ever being in it.


After crying for a little bit and mommy rocking the car seat back and forth William finally went to sleep.


Auntie Kami came to visit. This is when William first met her.


William went to his first birthday party last Saturday and he also got to use his stroller for the first time.


Going to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Jensen's house for a BBQ.


William's umbilical cord fell off on Saturday so before I took him to the doctor on Monday I bathed him for the first time (the other times were like wipe downs).



Mommy and William


Since I have to go back to work soon we are beginning to introduce William to the bottle. He took to it pretty well and daddy felt pretty proud of himself for finally being able to feed William.

6 comments:

  1. Heather- I know how you feel, Grant was the same way but I got baby gas drops and I will tell you those are life savers.. Just give him some after eats and he might fuss for a few mins while he works it out but after that, they usually are better..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get those and what are they called? He seriously needs them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used this stuff called Mylicon Drops for Nicholas. They're for gas. You can get them at Target. Here's the website for more info on them: http://www.mylicon.com/index.jhtml?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=what_is_mylicon_drops&utm_campaign=Mylicon_Drops

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogging world! Maylee and Katelynn had really bad gas problems when they were babies. I saw that you are giving him formula Enfamil has Enfamil Gentlease for fussiness and Gas. It does cost more but it really does help. Also if it gets really bad and William starts to loose wieght. The doctor can write a presciption for acid reflux. Katelynn had to have that. It really does help. He is so cute!!! By the way our blog http://maynormoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is just oh sooo cute Heather. I can't wait to meet the little guy soon.

    ReplyDelete