Monday, May 10, 2010

Two weeks

My little guy is two weeks today! I just cannot believe how fast time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday Kaden and I found out we were having a baby. My pregnancy went by pretty quick and I wasn't sick hardly at all. I really could have gone another couple of weeks being pregnant because I felt so good. William was due on April 21st but two days later here I am.




On Monday April 26, 2010 I woke up at 6 a.m. and realized that my water broke. After getting ready and eating we left for the hopital. I wasn't having any contractions so they gave me Petosin at 9 a.m. to get them started. A couple of hours later my contractions were causing extreme pain down the sides of my legs and I was unable to relax. I really wanted to postpone the epidural as much as possible but ultimately I didn't want to let the contractions get so bad that I couldn't sit still for the anesthesiologist to numb me.

After getting the epidural I was finally able to relax and even take a nap. Eventually things progressed and the drip system that is hooked to the epidural wasn't working so the anesthesiologist came in two more times to give me an injection. Thank goodness he did because again my legs were KILLING me and I was getting so tired from pushing.

The doctor came right in time for William to be born. It is strange that the doctor isn't there the whole time but I liked that there wasn't a ton of people in the room until the very end. Kaden was so sweet and counted while I pushed and told me how great I was doing at pushing. I can't imagine giving birth without someone there that really cares for you.

William was born at 7:33 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 12 ounces and 20.5 inches long. He came out with the umbilical cord around his neck and our doctor said, "Sorry Kaden but I have to cut this." He said, "Do what you got to do." Truth be told he wasn't liking the idea of cutting the cord anyways. Since William was having trouble breathing the nurses almost took him away without letting me hold him, but luckily my doctor said, "Give him to her." and they did. I can't even begin to express the joy that I felt when I held him. I knew at that moment that everything would be okay and I was so happy to have this little gift from God in my hands.


Afterward they let me eat and I started to feel really light headed. The nurse was in the room as I expressed how light headed I felt. My mom says that I even lost all color in my face. I started having massive clots, had to have a shot, and they upped the petosin to try to stop all the blood. At the time I didn't think too much of the whole situation but now I realize that it was super serious and I am glad everything turned out okay.

Here is William in the NICU

After going to the nursery and getting clean


Since William was born he has really grown. Everyday his head gets stronger and at times he can hold his head up by himself for over 3 minutes. We had his 2 week doctors appointment today and he is now 8 pounds 10 ounces, 21 inches long, and everything is looking perfect! He is so much more attentive and can focus on anything he sees. He even turns his head when he hears a voice that is familiar to him. We have only had a couple of nights that were extremely difficult.

I have to go back to work in 2 weeks so today will be the first day we introduce a bottle to William. He hates pacifiers so we are praying that he will be okay with the bottle. I know it won't be easy initially but one bottle a day until I go back to work will hopefully prepare William for maybe three bottles a day. We will see...

3 comments:

  1. oh I'm so glad things went well, that can be scary! William is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new little family! It sounds like you are already the best mom William could ever ask for! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! This is Jeanne-Marie. I saw your link on Facebook for this! Yay! I was happy to hear the story and see the cute pictures. Congratulations! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete