Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Thus far

2011 started with Kaden and I purging my closet. It was kind of getting out of hand and boy did I have WAY too many shirts that weren't being worn. Normally Kaden wouldn't help me with this task, but I had to empty half of my closet so that a plumber could come fix a pipe. Therefore, everything went into William's room. Once I got the go ahead to refill my closet Kaden helped me by holding up my shirts one by one and both of us deciding what should go. It feels like we just went to DI and yet I have two bags full again of clothes and jackets. I'd like to say I have plenty of room in my closet now, but I can't because I don't. My weakness is shopping.

We also bought a tote to house William's baby stuff that he has grown out of. It was bittersweet. I love that William has grown so much and is doing so many new things, but at the same time he is no longer that cuddly little baby that will sit in the bouncer and play. I had to put away blankets that once swaddled his little body and now they can't even almost wrap around him. Kaden and I can't believe it has been 8 1/2 months already since he was born. I guess the older we get the faster time is going to go by and that's why we must cherish every moment. Even the ones that keep us up all night (William has been teething all week and not sleeping! I won't really miss that stage when he grows out of it.)

Kaden had a good week at work. He told me a couple weeks ago that he notices when he hasn't read his scriptures the night before. When he forgets and just falls asleep his day goes very badly, no one buys anything, and things just don't work out for him the way he wants. When he told me this, I realized that I too needed to make a greater effort to read my scriptures each day. We've both noticed that we have been much more positive and even with William keeping us up and not allowing us as much sleep as we'd like, we have been happy. I am so grateful for Kaden and for his example in my life. He has taught me so much and has made life so great and I know that life will just keep getting better the closer we get to the Lord.

Wednesday I had an interview to become a supervisor at my work. I was really nervous because that is how I get when I go through interviews. I asked Kaden for numerous blessings (because my interview kept getting rescheduled) and many people prayed for me so that I wouldn't be as nervous (thank you for that). When Wednesday came, I wasn't nervous at all! I also must have been somewhat impressive because I got a call on Friday from my Manager extending the offer to me. So now I have taken on a whole new set of responsibilities at work and I am ready for the challenge.

Last Sunday I also received a new calling. I am now teaching Relief Society once every other month. I'm not sure I'm the right person for the job seeing as how I freak out at the thought of teaching adults. I think people see that I have a teaching degree and automatically think, "She must like to teach!" that blanket statement is NOT the case. It should be more like, "She must like to teach little kids!" That would be MUCH more accurate. I also think that the Relief Society President is trying get me to attend Relief Society. I haven't been very fervent in going...I'll admit I've probably only been twice in 2010 (I know, I'm bad!!) Truthfully speaking this calling scares me beyond measure however, when I got the call, the counselor told me something that was so inspired and what I needed to hear. Anytime I start to think I can't do it, I just remember those words he told me and all my fears wash away. The Relief Society President called me yesterday (she called earlier in the day and seeing as how I just got sustained today, I knew it must be because she wants me to teach sooner than later) and she wants me to teach next Sunday! Yea, just my luck. Then again why put it off really, the longer I don't face my fear, the longer I'll have to worry & not want to do it. So I am teaching on Sunday! I know that this new calling will stretch me in ways I have never been stretched. I also know that it'll bless my life as well as my family's lives. I can do it, I will do it, and I will excel at it...eventually!

William has also learned to climb stairs and now he does it ALL the time. I don't mind as long as I am there, but I sure hope he doesn't fall. We also discovered that he likes cheese and peach cobbler baby food. Yummy! I wonder what he'll learn next week.

1 comment:

  1. RS teacher!! You will do wonderful! I just taught my first full RS lesson last Sunday, I was scared to death. I felt such a relief to get the first one over with. And Congrats on the new job also.

    ReplyDelete