Geez, I just can't catch a break. Wednesday I stayed at work for less than two hours because I contracted the flu (my mom had it a couple days before and my step-dad a couple days before that. I guess that is what happens when we all live together). Seriously I haven't had a flu this bad for a VERY long time! When you think of flu and all that it entails, that is what I experienced. Kaden took off work yesterday to take care of William. Poor guys woke up so many times Wednesday night and I couldn't even touch him. It was awful! I felt a little better yesterday but was utterly exhausted, and now today I have more energy so I have been trying to clean everything. Last night Kaden said his stomach was hurting and we thought he may have gotten it too but today he says he feels dandy so I am grateful for that.
However, yesterday my Grandpa Huntsman had an angeogram which revealed 6 blockages in his arteries. Which means open heart surgery will happen on Tuesday, sad day! I can't even explain what all could potentially go wrong but because this will be his second open heart surgery there will be scar tissue and for the surgery to be successful they will have to harvest arteries from both his leg and arm. If they can't get those arteries then they'll have to put stints in which would only give him 6 months to two years of life. If all goes according to plan then he'll have 10 - 15 years.
With the death of my Grandma Cannon being so recent I just don't think I can deal with something going wrong with my Grandpa Huntsman's surgery. I will be utterly heart broken and I know so much of my family would be too. I've been praying so hard since yesterday morning that all will go well and I have good feelings. One of my friends also placed Grandpa's name on the prayer roll in the Temple and I am so grateful for that. Even with good feelings, I think it is only natural for me to be scared and what if I'm misinterpreting these good feelings? I suppose the only thing I can do right now is to trust in the Lord that he will hear my prayers and comfort my family in whatever way is necessary and that if it be His will, that he will provide a miracle and allow this surgery to be successful.
My Grandma is a mess right now and I wish I could be with her and tell her all will be okay but because I've been sick, I can't go over there. It really has been a sad couple of days, but I'll keep praying and I know that the Lord will comfort us with whatever the outcome may be.
Sarah and Joel visit
8 years ago

aw heather, i'm sorry its been a rough few days for u! i will keep your grandpa in my prayers. i really hope everything is successful with the surgery. :) miss u.
ReplyDeleteSad day!! i know how you feel. (my grandma had to have the same surgery a couple of times.. it's tough!) we will definitely be praying for him and your family heather! hope it all goes well!! love ya!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Heather! I hate when everything just happens at once and it's so overwhelming. But, you're definately doing the right things with praying and having such a positive outlook. You're such a great role model to me to keep the right perspective with things...you'll be an even better role model to William too, because you already are a great mommy! Get better soon!
ReplyDelete